Friday 14 July 2017

Joint Custody




Adjusting to joint custody was indeed a tough time in the onset. I missed my then little girls tremendously.

My three daughters spent close to equal time with both myself and their father.
Fortunately my experience with shared parenting was positive as I observed and encouraged my children to mainatin a close relationship with their father. In fact albeit he is a good father.

This contributed to my children growing into well disciplined and happy young adults.

During a nine year period, my daughters experienced many transitions including a new stepmother, stepfather and the birth of their brother resulting from their father's re-marriage.

Mt girls as pre-teens and early teens were actually thrilled by the fact they had two homes. They seriously thought they were the coolets kids out.


Then that moment of despair whenever they had to go to their dads, turned into me getting some time to enjoy my relationship with my new husband as well.

We must know that a lot of effort is required to ensure that the children live their lives as niramlly as they could.

My simple remedy is to love them ever more and be sure that they know how much they are loved by all parents. I have always dreamed of my daughters and my dedication to them is unwavering.






No comments:

Post a Comment