Thursday 8 June 2017

Tough Times Tough Decisions

Was I angry when I had to adjust my budget downwards? Hell yeah!! I remember thinking the disruption imposed on my girls having to move them from private school because I couldn't pay the fees on my own.
Back then I saw the setbacks, I way annoyed but guess what?
Today I am much better at spending wisely.

Boy did I learn to cut down my spending on toiletries for us Trini gals "That Pennywise Bill". 😡😢

It's an eye opener when we consider how much we spend on the "un-necessaries" .  Take for instance I used to purchase a lot of items  in 3's for my girls. 3 bottles of lotion, shampoo etc.
Hellloooo it turned into ONE bottle for everyone, at least for the time being.

And guess what!! Big News - some cheaper brands do work well, I learned that for sure.

Food wastage and eating patterns hmmm!! A lot of work here, less take out, more vegetables, less meat,
natural juices.
The girls were not distressed by our new food choices, as a matter of fact they enjoyed more vegetables,
might be a bit strange!
As a single mom it required more planning and effort, but it worked.
Taking the kids to the park, a football game, spending more time with family was indeed very enjoyable
and less expensive too.
The point is, in challenging situations, if we focus on what we CAN DO to make it be&er believe you me!
We FIND a way. We become innovative, we work around .
You know what, my girls did just as well and maybe even better at public school.
It is absolutely imperative that we choose to be positive, so yeah we.

No comments:

Post a Comment